Tuesday, February 26, 2013

A Beautiful Day and Poetry

Today was such a beautiful day for me. I got to run some errands and enjoy a good lunch with me, myself, and I. I also got a chance to catch up on some much needed reading. Earlier today I was talking to my brother and I was telling him about this blog I just started. He asked me if I would let him be a "special guest blog" and of course I agreed. I did, however, tell him that I would only let him be a guest blogger if he kept it pg. LOL! My brother texts me and tells me that it would consist of poetry. My heart sank and that's because anyone who knows me very well knows that I love poetry. After that conversation with my brother I felt inspired and dug out my poetry books and began reading some of my favorite poems. I have to say "one" of my favorite poets is Christina Rossetti. I had never read any of her poetry until I took my British Literature II class. Immediately, I fell in love with her writing style. Her style is so real, mature, strong, dark, fervent, spiritual, etc... I really could go on forever describing her beautiful poetry. It's hard to describe but when I read her poems I feel as though I have time traveled and am living in the Victorian period. I'm sure some of you have at some point experienced this feeling when reading something great. Anyhow if you have not read her poems, I definitely recommend reading her poetry. One of my favorite poems from her is "How Do I Love Thee". It's amazingly beautiful. Other poets I recommend reading are: Pablo Neruda, Robert Frost, Langston Hughes, Sylvia Plath, Robert Browning, Shakespeare, William Wordsworth, and so many more! Honestly, reading poetry is such a delight to the heart and soul. Another thing I love about reading poetry is that they are short and straight to the point (most of the time). There are some extremely long poems but those are good as well. If anyone reads this blog and has any recommendations on any poems or poets, please let me know. I always like to read a new poem. I don't have any followers on this blog yet but I hope to have some and I will also follow back as well. I think that's how it works, I'm still trying to figure this out. LOL!


Love,

Kenia

"Poetry is the breath and finer spirit of all knowledge"   William Wordsworth

No comments:

Post a Comment