Thursday, March 7, 2013

Devin Velez bilingual performer


Last night Devin Velez performed “Somos Novios” and in my opinion that was a flawless performance. I understand some people don’t understand or like the whole “bilingual” song(s) but I sure love it. Devin has expressed that he loves singing in English and Spanish, so why not mix both? I feel this can become a new genre in music history.
Also, I think this is smart because sooner or later most singers like to crossover. Some artists who have crossed over include: Christina Aguilera, Nat King Cole, Ricky Martin, Shakira, Laura Pausini, etc… For Devin this would mean that he would have a broader audience. I consider this a smart move on his part. Do you agree or disagree? I’ve also included some music videos of some of the artists who have crossed over.
Love,
Kenia
Spanish

Anoche Devin Velez canto “somos novios” y la verdad es que fue una interpretacion genial. Se que algunos no les a de gustar canciones billingues, pero porque no? Al el le encanta cantar en ingles y espanol y en mi opinion me parece muy Buena idea. Es como que estubiese creando su propio genero de musica.

Tambien me parece muy intelliegente por su parte porque, se esta abriendo mas publico como canatante billingue. Otros artistas que an hecho un crossover incluyen: Christina Aguilera, Nat King Cole, Ricky Martin, Shakira, Laura Pausini, etc… Lo que Devin esta haceindo como artista me parece una muy Buena estartegia. Que piensan ustedes? E incluido unos videos de algunos crossovers.
Amor,
Kenia


“Everyone has a fair turn to be as great as he pleases”.
Jeremy Collier

2 comments:

  1. I never knew that Nat King Cole sang in Spanish! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know right! My grandfather had some of his old tracks in Spanish and we would listen to him usually on the weekends.

    ReplyDelete