Tuesday, March 12, 2013

My Pablo Picasso is my son!


My son's drawing of Picasso's Self Portrait 1907.
 A picture of me and my son. Also more of his beautiful drawings. :)

My son draws the most amazing pictures. My boy is only five years old and from the moment he could hold a crayon he has been drawing. I’m amazed at how talented my son is that I can’t help but rave about it. I’m also proud that he too is very intelligent and hardworking in school. As a parent, I believe that my role as a mother is to be supportive of my children. Therefore, I am extremely supportive with my babies in everything they want to do. I’m currently looking for an art class for my boy so that he can continue to do what he loves and learn more about art.  I can’t wait to find a class and I will be blogging about my son’s new experience.

A few days ago, I was browsing the Internet looking at some art. I stumbled upon Picasso. Immediately, his art reminded me of my son’s drawings. So, I showed my son his paintings and my son was captivated by his art. Then my boy asked me if he could draw one of Picasso’s pictures and of course I agreed. He looked at the picture for a while and then began to draw. At his tender young age he is very much a perfectionist when it comes to his work, so after his third attempt, he was finally happy with his results. I have got to say that I too was very pleased with his results. Honestly, anything my children do makes me proud of them. So, I can’t help but to be very proud of my son’s talent and how driven he is. My family means the world to me and everyday I’m thankful to have them in my life. Hope you enjoy this post today and I’m looking forward to reading about your little ones as well.


Love,
Kenia

“Creativity is contagious, pass it on” – Albert Einstein

“Every child is an artist, the problem is staying an artist when you grow up” – Pablo Picasso


9 comments:

  1. You should be proud!
    That's awesome art.
    Thanks for stopping by Snack Cups and Smiles. I'm a new follower via GFC.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Angie and yes I'm a very proud momma. I am also following. :)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...amazing. and he's 5. I think you got a future artist on your hand. Hope you have all those drawings on the fridge or framed or in an album.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laney thank you and yes I have some of his work framed, on my fridge, and in a portfolio.

      Delete
  4. This is just amazing, Kenia. I truly admire your son's talent - he's definitely one extremely gifted boy... And I truly admire you - I wish we had more mothers like you in the world... it would be such a beautiful place to live!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Maria for your kind words and the compliment. :) I'm literally blushing, lol. Thank you.

      Delete
  5. Artist in the making, he's so cute ;) Great blog! Thanks for your comment :) Sure I'm following, hope you follow back.
    enjoy ^^

    * http://a-taste-of-h.blogspot.com/ *

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Masa! And of course I will be following you as well. :)

      Delete