Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Pillbox Trail





  Well it has been over a year since I last posted on my blog. I got so busy and so many things happened in the past year good and not so good that I completely forgot about my blog and kind of put it on hold. This year, I hope this is not the case. I really want to post more blogs and hopefully have a successful blog (at least a few blogger friends).

I know in my last post I mentioned how lucky I was to be living in Hawaii and the truth is that this is going to be a forever blessing. Unfortunately, sometime later on in the year we will be moving elsewhere, so I’m beginning to already miss the island and I haven’t even left yet. One of the great things that I discovered since I moved to the island is the joy in hiking; this is something I had never done in my life before. I must say I’m hooked and hiking in Hawaii is so fun but the views are beyond amazing. That is why I will be sharing my most recent hike.

  A few weeks ago, my family and I decided to do the Pillbox hiking trail and I must say it was fantastic. Most importantly it is a great trail to do as a family since I have children. I definitely recommend this trail, so if you are ever visiting the island of Oahu and you feel like hiking you will enjoy this one.




This is where your trail begins.


My husband and daughter as we start the trail.



This was the first and only selfie I took and the view is beautiful.

My kids and I enjoying the trail. 
My daughter and I, take a moment to appreciate nature's beauty and the wonderful breeze and yes that's the ocean in the background.


We sat down for a few minutes for a little rest and water break.


We hiked all along that mountain and the picture was taken from the last mountain before we headed down. It was roughly 2.30 miles from the beginning all the way to the end, give or take, I forgot to turn off my app once we reached the bottom and it took us close to two hours to complete.


I love the ocean!

Another view, right before we finished our hike.

 
My husband is always being silly and always the one to keep us motivated.

And…this where the trail ends, you can see the excitement in their faces. We ended up a few blocks away from where we parked so we walked just a bit more from our original start point.

I truly love nature and I hope you have all enjoyed this post and thanks for taking the time to read it.

Love,
Kenia

If you truly love nature, you will find beauty everywhere.
                                                                                 - Vincent Van Gogh

1 comment: